Adult Mental Health First Aid in
Adult Mental Health First Aid Teaches you to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance abuse disorders. We also now have expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care as well as the impact of social media and bullying. This 6.5 hour in-person training gives adults the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to people who may be developing a mental health or substance abuse problem or issues involving trauma situations and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Who should take this training?
- School Staff
- Camp Counselors
- Youth Group Leaders
- People who work with youth
- First Responders
What it covers.
Common signs and symptoms of mental illness in this age group, including:
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action Plan:
- Asses for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
HOW IT WORKS
Depend on the experts
When you take a class with America First Response, you can expect high-quality services. You can count on us to teach the medical response skills you need because…